Click here to edit title

Click here to edit subtitle

Forums

Forum Home > General Discussion > Remote Notarization of Employer Verification form I-9

J. Andrew Hatter
Administrator

The digital age of notarization holds so many opportunities for the Notary Public. One such opportunity is the new evolving market for electronic employee verification. As employers retool the hiring efforts, new security protocols are needed to properly screen and verify potential employees. The I-9 form was mandated to be completed by employers as of November 6, 1986.

Virtual employment is still a fairly new phenomenon, however the need for notary publics expertise in authentication in assisting employers has increased and will continue to increase as e-commerce and job creation begin to join hands.

Education institutions are currently engaging the development of facilitating technology to alleviate the challenges of being compliant. The following is a quote from an article dated April 22, 2010 underscoring the need for On-line Real-time Remote Digital Notarization:

"Boise State University currently has approximately 12,000 employees. These include foreign nationals and inter-departmental re-hires who need timely notification to complete Section 3 of the form for reverification. The university also requires an easy, reliable way for employees hired in distant locations to complete, notarize and electronically return their i9 forms. High-turnover seasonal and student employees create another i9 processing challenge. Like many universities, Boise State must also comply with federal or state requirements to use E-Verify."

AYIN International, Inc. is the exclusive licensee for On-line Real-time Remote Digital Notarization. With this technology solution, distal virtual hirings, and reverifications requiring notarization may no longer present a challenge.

J. Andrew Hatter

Chairman

AYIN International, Inc. 

May 1, 2010 at 7:57 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

Oops! This site has expired.

If you are the site owner, please renew your premium subscription or contact support.